Some weeks are not as thrifty as others. It's not because I'm lazy or can't be bothered, it's because all the thrifty tasks are up to date and there's nothing left to do.
I write down all my thrifty tasks as I complete them. This week I got to Thursday and my list had 4 tasks written down. Other weeks, I'm a powerhouse on Saturday, Sunday and Monday with an impressive list to share. Oh well, it all balances out in the end.
I will say that this week I had a few weak moments. I'll confess that I did use my clothes dryer to dry a few loads of washing. On those days I was so busy and tired that throwing just about everything into the dryer was the easiest option. Also, the really cold weather played havoc with my hands and I couldn't face using clothes pegs on the clothes horses.
Here's my smaller thrifty list for the week -
* Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps. Come Spring time Darren will be emptying the compost bins onto our veggie garden. We haven't bought compost or garden soil in many, many years.
* Fed bread crusts, grass and weeds to the chickens.
* Made another batch of soap. This batch is a men's one that smells like Cool Water Aftershave. Darren loves the fragrance and even Megan said she'd use it.
* Gratefully received a bunch of flowers and some lemons from a cleaning client. She's also a long time blog reader.
* Saved the washing machine rinse water and shower warm up water.
* Dried some washing on the line when we had a mild day on Friday.
* Made up a bottle of surface spray with dishwashing liquid and cooled, boiled water. I use this to do most of the cleaning around our home. That's why I make one every 2 weeks.
* Froze all meal leftovers. Nothing goes to waste in our home. Leftovers are eaten for dinners ( only ) on very busy days.
* Recharged mobile phones, battery banks, shaver, the cordless stick vacuum and other electronics during the day when the sun was shining on our solar panels. We are hoping to see a small change in our power bill because of this.
* Shredded lots of paper using a paper shredder my Dad gave me early this year. The paper will be used in our chicken coop or compost bins.
|/Flowers from a friend|
|Beef mince pasta bake|
|Cool Water ( type ) men's soap.|