Melbourne gave us a couple of days of delightful sunshine and milder weather. I enjoyed some time outside pruning, weeding, pulling wayward grass and checking over the broccoli crop for caterpillars ( just a couple were munching away ). The sun certainly lifts my spirits when we are in the middle of Winter.
Here's what I got up to this week -
* Baked three loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Baked lots of choc chip biscuits for our morning / afternoon teas. I used dough I'd made and frozen a few months ago.
* Fed lots of bread crusts, weeds and grass to the chickens.
* Made up a bottle of surface spray with diluted dishwashing liquid and cooled boiled water.
* Used our solar lanterns at night time instead of turning on a lamp.
* Made soap from scratch. This is the first time in well over a year. I went all out and added fragrance and color and I'm so happy with the end result. Now I need to wait 4 weeks for them to cure before I try it.
* Collected 3 eggs this week. We have one freeloading chicken and the other has been off the lay since Summer. This is the reason why we have been feeding them more kitchen scraps instead of just chicken feed to help save money..
* Poured all the little bottles of shampoo and conditioner ( from hotels ) into our big bottles in the shower.
* Gratefully received lots of cooked bbq sausages leftover from an event. I turned them into 2 pots of sausage casserole
* Dried the washing outside on clothes horses when the sun was shining.
* Saved drink bottle water and poured it on pot plants outside on our deck.
* Megan came over and cooked 2 chicken dinners last night. All the leftovers were portioned out into takeaway containers. Megan took some home for herself and the rest went into my freezer.
* Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps and cardboard.
|Handmade soap with swirls|
|Using them up.|
|Biscuit dough in the freezer|
|Choc chip biscuits|