Saturday 29 April 2023

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 29th April 2023

Well,  the week started with me charging out the gate getting heaps of frugal things done.  I was so excited thinking I'd have heaps to share but then my week went pear shape.  We have an extended family member in hospital who is very unwell,  then Bryson our 3 year old grandson was admitted to hospital with an infection.  I spent a couple of hours at the hospital yesterday entertaining Bryson to give Megan a break then picked Luka up from day care  for a sleepover at our place last nigh.  

I also had an extra cleaning job this week as well as trying to keep up with my own housework.

As I'm typing right now,  Luka is sitting on my lap patiently waiting for me to finish so he can make a get well card for his brother.

So,  here are the frugal tasks I completed in my crazy week

*  Poured the last of my shower gel into the foaming hand wash pump and added water.  It's quite luxurious and smells lovely.

*  I made large meals of Massaman beef curry,  chop suey,  honey mustard chicken and tuna pasta bake a few nights running for dinner and froze all the leftovers into 1 and 2 serve portions.  I don't have time to devote a whole day to cooking so just cooking a little extra at dinner time is so much easier.

*  Made stock in the slow cooker with a chicken carcass.  I cooked it for 24 hours then made a big pot of soup in the pressure cooker.  We had it for dinner that night and froze 13 portions.  This soup is super cheap to make and costs about 20 cents per serve.

*  Baked 3 loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.  I used saved bread bags to store the bread in the freezer.

*  I planted broccoli seeds and seedlings,  wombok seedlings ,   cauliflower seedlings and silverbeet seed in our veg garden. I've reused the netting,  tubing and small stakes to cover and protect all the seedlings from cabbage moth.

*  Made and sold another lemon slice for a friend's birthday party.

*  I picked feijoas and lemons from our garden.  Darren picked a handful of blackberries.

*  Baked wholemeal rolls for Darren's work lunches. 

*  Baked ANZAC biscuits for ANZAC day.  I made a double batch of dough and froze the rest for future baking.

*  Baked chocolate choc chip muffins for a church morning tea and a family in need.

*  Picked yellow chrysanthemums from our garden and placed them around our home.  They are like bright sunshine and bring us joy.

Feijoas from our tree

Chrysanthemums from our garden

ANZAC biscuits

Tuna pasta bake for the freezer

Chocolate muffins


LINKS

Chop Suey

Honey Mustard Chicken

Tuna Pasta Bake

Massaman Beef Curry

Lunchbox Chocolate Choc Chip Muffins

Chunky Chicken And Veg Soup

Lemon Slice 

ANZAC Biscuits


How did you save time,  money and energy this week ?

Have you done any baking lately ?


5 comments:

  1. Bought the odd bunch bag of potatoes from Woolworths. Bag said 4kg but I weighed a couple and got one that weighed 100grams more for the same price.
    Did it with the bag of tomatoes too.
    Extra veggies for less.
    Sending get well soon wishes to your family.
    Janine Colac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did exactly the same thing with the potatoes.

      Delete
  2. You certainly did a wonderful job this week! Being so productive at home as well as helping out in family emergencies. It means so much to back up family or friends when there is an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly have had a busy week. I hope that those who are poorly are on the mend. It is wonderful to read how you still managed to save.

    My week was different. On Monday my daughter took her resume to some schools closer to home. Most unexpectedly she had three days work after Anzac Day. So we looked after my six month old grandson. It was a pleasure and he is such an adorable baby. Sadly with the interest rate hikes they need a little more money and the school she normally works at is about a 120km commute each work day.

    My son has been staying with us since March. He now has accommodation again. This housing market is cruel. Now all we need is for him to move his stuff.

    God bless and keep your family. safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your grandson and other family member. ((((HUGS)))) You still were able to get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.