* Picked lots of raspberries and yellow pear tomatoes each day.
* Gratefully received lots of sandwiches from a catering job I helped with.
* Bought some amazing bargains at my local fruit and veg shop. I bought three mangoes for $1, seven bananas for $1, half a cantelope for $1, apples for $1.99 and two bags of five kilos of potatoes for $5 and a cuccumber for 90 cents.
* Collected a few eggs here and there. Most of our chooks are molting in some shape or form so they are not laying as often.
* Dried the washing on the line and clothes horses.
* Used lots of bread bags as bin liners.
* Froze some leftovers from 2 dinners. We also ate frozen meals last Saturday as I'd been to a high tea and didn't feel like cooking or eating much.
* Made 7 jars of raspberry jam with our home grown raspberries.
* Gratefully received lots of bread from a friend and some scones from another friend.
* Filled the car up with petrol at $1.12 per litre just before the latest price increase.
* Darren emptied our compost bin onto a veggie garden bed. In a few weeks we'll plant some veggie seedlings I've grown from seed.
* Saved the washing machine water for the next load. We also saved the shower warm up water and used it to water the veggie seedlings. I saved the kitchen sink water from washing hands to rinse out the sinks when they were dirty.
* Made a double batch of Chocolate Lunchbox Muffins. I didn't have the room in the freezer to make a triple batch.
* Made a huge batch of salmon patties using 5 tins of salmon. This was enough for 6 meals for the four of us plus a few spares. I frozen most of them for future meals. Making salmon patties can be messy with all the crumbing etc so when I make them I REALLY MAKE THEM !!!
|Home made raspberry jam.|
|The berries I'd been picking and saving.|
|My bargain fruit haul.|
Some photos from the baby shower I helped cater for and serve at. Below is a nappy cake made by a good friend of mine and fellow Cheapskate member Keren. Her business is called All Things Baby and Beyond. Her face book page link is https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005691076624#!/allthingsbabyandbeyond?pnref=lhc She has more cute photos of nappy cakes. Well worth a look.
|The cupcake had little rattles, dummies and elephants on them. No, I didn't make them.|
|Lots and lots of food !!|
What did you do this week to save time, money and energy ?