* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread.
* Turned the heater down to 18 degrees Celsius when possible and also had the heater off for two days.
* Sold some muffins and eggs to a friend.
* Stocked up on the toothpaste and mouthwash on sale in Coles this week.
* Cut up some old socks to use as garden ties. I was tired of mending them so out they went to the garden shed.
* Bought a double oven mitt from the op shop for $2.99 less 15% discount. It was new too as it still had the price tag on.
* Hand washed the dinner dishes a few nights as there wasn't enough to turn the dishwasher on.
* Made a chicken flan using about 100 grams of cooked chicken, leftover potato and the last of the pumpkin from the fridge..I also used some silverbeet from the garden. A very cheap and tasty dinner. Jessica took some to school the next day for lunch.
* Jessica went to an 18th birthday party last Saturday. She needed a present and nothing I had on the present shelf was suitable. She found some beautiful flowers at a florist for $3 and the lady there wrapped them for free. Jessica combined this with a few bits and pieces she had on hand and the present came in under $10. A beautiful present for a bargain price. Darren bought a bunch of flowers for me too.
* Megan baked some Cranberry Hootycreek Biscuits for school snacks.
* Saved lots of water from the shower for the washing machine.
* Dried most of the washing on clothes horses and a few things went into the dryer.
* Bought a couple of bags of mixed fruit for $1 a bag from my local fruit and veg shop.
* Signed up with Australia Post to get cheaper stamps with my concession card.
* Jessica will be turning 18 tomorrow. Tonight she's going out to dinner with a couple of friends. They are coming home after to have dessert and to watch a movie. This is a cheap and better option than buying desserts and movie tickets. The best part is they can be warm and cozy here and enjoy a comfortable couch. I'll post some photos next week and let you know how we celebrated together as a family.
|$3 flowers Darren bought. Jessica bought the same for her friend.|
|$2 worth of fruit|
|The muffins I sold to a friend.|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?