* Mended two pairs of socks. The quality of the socks I buy has declined over the years. The price has stayed the same so I'm trying to make them last a little longer.
* Made lots of cards with a gardening book I bought at the op shop for 99 cents
* Baked four loaves of bread.
* Sold thirty raspberry and white choc muffins to a friend.
* Made chunky roast beef and veg soup with two slices of left over beef.. This pot of soup usually makes 8 - 10 serves.
* .Bought a bag of oranges and pears together for $1 and a bags of apples for the same price.
* Froze a few leftovers from our dinner.
* Saved the shower warm up water for the washing machine. Also saved the washing machine water for each next load.
* Gratefully received some English muffins, raisin bread, and about six loaves of different types of bread.
* Made a quadruple batch of laundry powder. I have the grated soap, lectric soda and bi carb in three separate buckets ready to scoop out and make up as needed.
* Bought some new towels from Spotlight. Although this might not seem like a frugal task, their original price was $11.99 less 40%. A bargain in my eyes. Of course I bought apple green and white towels.
* Dried most of the washing on the line. Some was dried on clothes horses and a few things were thrown in the dryer.
* Picked silverbeet for two meals. I shredded some to put in the honey mustard chicken and some for a bits and pieces flan. The flan had a few left over roast veggies and roast beef. Very yum.
* Baked a couple of trays of Anzac biscuits.
|Our silverbeet plants|
|Bits and pieces flan|
|Raspberry and white choc muffins|
|Making laundry powder.|
|Beautiful wrapping paper I bought to make cards.|
|My laundry powder supplies|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?