Thursday 4 August 2016

Kitchen Sneak Peak.

My new kitchen is progressing along nicely.  The tradies have all been lovely,  polite and very helpful.  Monday was rip out / demo day.  Within a couple of hours my old kitchen disappeared never to be seen again.  Darren asked if I was missing my old kitchen to which I replied " NO  !! ".  I did take plenty of photos of it but I was not attached to it at all.  Yes,  the old kitchen and I had done the hard yards together for over 20 years.  But it was not my kitchen.  I didn't pick it out.  It came with the house.when we moved in.

Tuesday the new cabinets were fitted in and the kitchen was starting to take shape.  That night I was able to start filling the drawers and cupboards with plates,  appliances and odds and sods.  It was lots of fun fitting things in and there was a toss out of items that no long fit ( or I could do without ).

On Wednesday the stonemason came to take the template for our kitchen bench.  Darren spent the day installing new skirtings in Jessica's room and doing basic housework while I was at a cleaning job.

Today is Thursday and the plasterers are installing new cornices around the overhead cupboards.  This afternoon the electrician is hoping to install one of my ovens.  I've ordered two side opening ovens but unfortunately they are hard to get.  There are only six in Australia at the moment and I have one of them.   We've been told it could be another couple of weeks before they are made again.

It's been a challenge trying to get basic meals organised.  We've had freezer meals for two nights and chops cooked on the bbq with salad and a bread stick the other night.  Tonight we are having tacos.  I have a single hot plate that fits a medium fry pan.  Lots of fun.  It's like camping.

There's a sneak peak photo of my new kitchen -


11 comments:

  1. I really love the drawer pulls, Wendy. We had our kitchen done 11 years ago now, and updating drawer pulls/handles is a great idea for a quick facelift! You are giving me some ideas and inspiration. I remember well all the mess and dust, but so worth it in the end! It is looking fabulous! :-) Kaye xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Kaye. Yes the dust is everywhere. So are the boxes. At least I can easily get plates and cutlery out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy,

    Looks beautiful so far, so not fair, only one photo, can't wait to see the rest, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, just one photo. I've taken heaps but waiting for it to be finished then I'll post them all.

      Delete
  4. Your kitchen is looking lovely Wendy congratulations. We have a side opening oven bought it when we did our kitchen up about 10yrs ago we bought it because my husband was in a wheelchair I love my kitchen hope you will love yours too
    Jenny Tasmania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jenny. Side opening ovens are just fabulous. Our old oven was a side opening one too. I'm suprised more people don't go for them. They really are much easier to use and I'm sure they are perfect for your husband.

      Delete
  5. wow looks awesome can not wait to see the end result of the rest of the kitchen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I know you are going to love your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your finished kitchen, Wendy. It's lovely to have that opportunity to design it and choose things for yourself. More pics soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Wendy. You'd love your new kitchen. When I got my new kitchen after 6 weeks of 'garage living', I couldn't get enough of it. Even after filling the drawers and cupboards, I just wasted lot of time opening and closing drawers for no reason, admiring the new look, wiping down the surfaces every few minutes etc. during the first few days. Please let us know the funny things you did after the whole kitchen was installed. Love to see the photos when all is done.

    Love,
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cabinet in the picture is beautiful. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.