* Cleaned the dishwasher using bi carb, white vinegar and Miracle Spray.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags. They'll be recycled into bathroom bin liners.
* Cleaned the kettle using citric acid.
* Gratefully received a big bucket of feijoas from a young man at church. I even got to keep the bucket which is a really strong one. I'll use it to save water for the garden.
* Mended a fitted sheet. It was coming apart at the seam in one corner.
* Made a big meal of beef stew. Unfortunately I was the only one home when dinner time came around. So four serves went into the freezer and Megan took some to work the next day.
* Jessica bought a few groceries because she said the fridge looked empty ( it wasn't really ). Some of the groceries were two cooked chickens. We had one for dinner that night then two nights later I peeled the other one down and froze the meat for two meals. The carcass was put into the slow cooker to make stock then the meat was picked off to make a big pot of chunky chicken soup.
* Kept the heater off from 9 am - 5.30 pm on Friday due to the Sun shining through the windows. A couple of other days I managed to either reduce the temperature on the thermostat to19 degrees or keep it off for an hour or two.
* Dried some washing on clothes horses or on hangers in the showers. Thankfully we have a heating duct in both bathrooms. The dryer did get some use but I tried to limit what I put in.
* Altered a dress for Jessica.
* Decorated 11 hand towels and tea towels to sell. I used stock I already had on hand.
* Stocked up on veggie specials of 1 kilo of carrots $1, broccoli for $2 kg and cauliflower for $2.
* Decluttered my craft / card making stash. You might be wondering how this saved me money ? It kept me away from the shops.
* Gratefully received a container of hummus dip and a bag of bread rolls.
* Made a bottle of diluted laundry liquid.
Unfortunately I didn't take many photos this week. I've posted some from the blog archives but they still represent the tasks I completed this week.
|One of my sewing caddies.|
|Chocolate self saucing pudding treat|
|Freezing left overs|
|Making diluted laundry liquid|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?