* Darren and Jessica gratefully received three avocados from a friend at church. This was a lovely suprise blessing.
* Bought a bunch of celery on sale in Coles for $1 a bunch. I diced it up and froze to put in casseroles throughout the year.
* Made a double batch of laundry powder and mixed it with a box of supermarket bought laundry powder that was in a kitchen hamper.
* Froze two leftover serves of shepherds pie.
* Went through the linen cupboard ( again ) and took out the older towels, face washers and hand towels. The hand towels were recycled into the kitchen. A few face washers went into the laundry cupboard as rags and a few went into the kitchen as clothes. The towels went to the op shop.
* Planted another 5 potato eyes into the veggie garden.
* Fed the chickens and compost bin with the celery leaves and stalks.
* Sold one dozen eggs. The chickens have slowed down the egg production so now we are buying cheaper bags of feed to save money. They are still getting kitchen scraps and grass clippings.
* Sold a bottle of Miracle Spray to a cleaning client.
* Saved the washing machine rinse water and poured it back into the machine for each next load.
* Saved some of Jessica's wrapping paper from her presents to use in card making.
* Learnt a new card style at a card making day this week. I can use supplies I have on hand to make lots of them.
* Bought 1 litre of eucalyptus oil for $24.95. This is an absolute bargain compared to usual supermarket shelf prices.
* Refilled the foaming hand wash pumps around the house. Then I made up another bottle of diluted shower gel ready for refilling next time.
|Jessica's fruit birthday " cake ".|
|Jessica and Princess.|
|This week's card|
|The inside of the card.|
|Dicing the celery for the freezer.|