* Sold 1 dozen eggs
* Sorted out the freezers to make sure I know exactly what I have on hand. I've tried writing a contents list for each freezer but with four people digging in the freezers, it was hard to keep them up to date. I find regular tidy ups seem to work for me. I always have a fair idea of what I have.
* Menu planned for the next 3 1/2 weeks. After digging around the freezers, it seemed like a good time to write the next menu plan. This will save me time thinking about what to cook next. It also helps me use up bits and pieces.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags to reuse as bin liners.
* Refilled all the foaming hand wash pumps around our home. Made up a couple of bottles of the solution ready for next time.
* Darren and I made salmon patties in bulk. I used five tins of salmon, added the extra bits and pieces and ended up with about 60 patties. Most were frozen in lots of 2 and 4.
* Wrote out shopping lists until December. As most of you know I stockpile extra groceries later in the year so I don't need to do a big shop during the Summer heat. This year I've decided to balance it out. For the next few months I'll stock up on toiletries, cat goodies, toilet paper and other paper / plastic products. Later in the year I'll stockpile tinned goods, pasta and other dried groceries. November and December I''ll stock up on butter, cheese, sauces and dressings etc.
* Spent most of the day on Tuesday making cards at Cath's place. I used supplies I had on hand. I'm hoping to add them to my new blog shop very shortly.
* Made a container of seasoned bread crumbs from scratch. I use dried bread crumbs I'd made out of saved bread crusts.
* Dried most of the washing on clothes horses and the line. just a few bits and pieces went into the dryer.
* Did my monthly grocery shopping on Wednesday and stuck to the list.
* Set up my new blog shop on Sunday. I'm now selling vintage goods and handmade crafts with cards coming shortly.
* Saved the washing machine rinse water for each next load.
* Picked silverbeet from the garden to add to our spag bol sauce on Friday
* Continued to use blankets to keep warm after the heater turns off at 9.30 pm each night.
* Opened the family room curtains first thing in the morning when the Sun was shining. It really does help to warm up the house.
|Blankets to keep us warm|
|Making seasoned dried bread crumbs.|
|Saving the washing machine water|
|Monthly shop at Aldi and the fruit and veg shop.|