Here's my frugal list for the week -
* Made a whole orange cake using oranges given to me a couple of weeks ago. At the time I couldn't bake or blitz them into portions for cakes so I froze the oranges whole. The cake recipe makes a large cake so this time I divided the batter. I made one medium cake for eating through the week and nine mini loaf cakes to take to church for morning tea. The little cakes were frozen so that they didn't spoil in the heat.
* Fed lots of snails, weeds and grass to the chicken. They absolutely love snails and I detest snails in my garden so it was a win, win situation
* Took up Darren's new jeans for work.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Sold three more decorated hand towels.
* Topped up my car with petrol just before the price went up. At the moment Coles petrol stations have been the cheapest in our area so we've been using the discount fuel voucher to get it cheaper and to get Flybuys.
* Darren converted more Flybuys points into $10 on the card. We might use some of the saved money / points to buy a few treats for Christmas Eve munching.
* Sold two pamper packs to a friend.
* Started picking raspberries a couple of days ago. As soon as the fruit comes in abundance I'll be freezing them to make jam and muffins.
* Picked 355 grams of beans from the garden in two days. I can see heaps more beans coming along so I'm sure I'll be busy freezing them shortly
* Made 1 kilo of yoghurt using 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt I froze a couple of months ago. This is the recipe I used.
* Cleaned the kettle using citric acid.
* Hand washed the dishes most nights instead of using the dishwasher.
* Saved washing machine water, shower warm up water and drink bottle water to reuse on the garden and in the washing machine..
|First beans of the season.|