Sunday 17 May 2020

Smiley Sunday 17th May 2020

I've always been one to find great joy in the little things. When our daughters were toddlers,  I made it a point to see the world through their eyes with wonderment and happiness.  If they thought the grass was fascinating,  then I thought the grass was fascinating too.  After all,  God did create it for our pleasure.

Here are a few things that bring me joy -

*  A flower in the garden.  At the moment we have lots of different flowers blooming. They are a bright ray of sunshine amongst the bushes and shrubs.

*  Chocolate.  I love chocolate and there's no hiding it.  I'm blessed to have received lots of chocolate for Mother's Day from my family.  They know me well.

*  Our youngest grandson Bryson has just started smiling.  This brings a smile to my face as I encourage him to smile some more.  Even his eyes smile before it his mouth does.

Growing in some guttering on the fence.

What makes you smile ?


4 comments:

  1. A baby's first smiles are so precious. You are right to explore the world through the eyes of a child. At least two days a week I am with my beloved granddaughter. At present she loves weed flowers and spends a lot of time enjoying what she can find. She has some plantings here and at home. We are going peas and a variety of herbs. The best have been the best going things so far.

    I enjoy chocolate too but really need to lose weight. So I am trying to be good. Instead of chocolates I was given a beautiful arrangement of flowers and some books.

    I particularly love rainbows. They always make me smile. The promise that was given with the rainbow is still true and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I always enjoy the little things. My lettuce is coming along well, I have two vases of flowers bought for me and they give me great joy. I keep watching the videos of little granddaughter and although I miss her they do make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts make me smile, you and your family are so courageous in the face of adversity. I made your tuna pasta bake and your crispy chicken drumsticks last week. Both were delicious. Thanks Wendy. Cheers KATE

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.