This week was spent pottering around our home and garden, tidying up here and there. My craft room is slowly coming together and it's lovely to go in there and be able to find things. My goal is to find homes for 10 things each time I enter.
Our lockdown restrictions have eased ever so slightly but they really haven't changed much for us. Darren and I can now go to the supermarket together if we choose or gather with 3 other people in a park within 5 km of home. Most of our friends and family live further than 5km and we still can't visit our daughter Jessica who lives 40 minutes away. The nightly curfew has been dropped but we don't usually go out after dark.
So we soldier on trying to keep our minds and bodies active each day. We count our blessings that we have a lovely home and garden with extra free time to enjoy. We praise God every day for the good weather that allows us to go outside to enjoy our little haven.
Here's what else we've been up to
* Picked silverbeet, snow peas and bok choy from the garden as our green vegetable to eat this week.
* Saved and cleaned a candle jar that was well worth keeping. It has a very tight lid so I'm thinking I'll use it for gifting biscuits, mini bath bombs, bath salts, laundry powder or maybe to use as storage in my craft room.
* Made a batch of butter using the free cream from the freezer.
* Made chicken stock in the slow cooker then a big batch of soup using a cooked chicken a family member gave us.
* Darren gave me a much needed haircut. This was Darren's first time cutting anyone's hair but I was desperate after not being able to get to a hairdresser for almost 8 months.
* Darren made a big pot of vegetable soup using lots of bok choy from the garden. He was quite pleased with the end result and has enjoyed it for his lunches this week.
* Made a big pot of spag bol sauce and stretched it even further by adding lots of silverbeet from our garden and 4 finely grated carrots. We had the spag bol for dinner that night and froze another 6 portions for the 2 of us.
* Saved the shower warm up water and washing machine rinse water. We also saved water in the kitchen from drink bottles etc and Darren used this to water our pot plants out on the deck.
* Finished off another 7 hanging tea towels. I used supplies I already had on hand. These will be either given as presents or sold in my blog shop or on Facebook.
* Sorted out all the presents from occasions we have missed this year due to lockdown. I had the presents put away in the wardrobe but it felt good to get them out, wrap, write cards or place them in recycled gift bags. Now we are waiting for our lockdown restrictions to ease so we can give them out.
* Darren made up 2 buckets of worm tea from our worm farm. This was enough liquid to feed the rose bushes and all our fruit trees.
|Part of my craft room storage|
|Birthday flowers form Darren|
|Birthday flowers grandson Luka (and family) gave me|
|Candle pots I'm saving|
|Birthday cake. Vegan was all the supermarket had left.|
|Using my grandma's cup and saucer on my birthday|
|Some of the goodies I received|
|What Darren cut off my hair.|