The weather continues to be cold and overcast here in Melbourne. 13 degrees Celsius seems to be the ongoing temperature each day. When the sun does come out, I try to get out in the garden to brighten my day.
Here's how we saved money this week -
* Donated some unwanted items to Savers and received a 20% off discount voucher. I then used the voucher to buy a Christmas present and a much needed craft paper container.
* Did lots of weeding in the garden and fed the weeds to the chickens.
* When I was out shopping with my Mum, we came across a Lincraft store ( material / craft shop ) that had a 50% everything in it's store. I picked up a few crafting essentials, towels for $5 each and a few coloring books for Luka and Bryson for Christmas / birthdays.
* Took up the hems on 4 pairs of Jessica's trousers.
* Baked and sold lots of chocolate choc chip muffins to a friend.
* Diluted the shampoo and conditioner by 50%.
* Darren combined a discount fuel voucher and an app to get 8 cents a litre off petrol when filling up our cars. So far we haven't paid over $2 a litre for petrol.
* Made and sold a bottle of Miracle Spray to a friend.
* Kept the heating vents closed in rooms we are not using on a regular basis.
* Saved the washing machine rinse water and shower warm up water. All of this is being poured back into the washing machine.
* Closed the curtains as soon as the sun gets low in the sky.
* Darren baked scones for a department meeting at church. He served them with cream and my homemade raspberry jam.
* Grated a 1 kilo block of cheese. I added a little corn flour ( to stop it sticking together ) and gave each container a good shake. I stored one container in the fridge and the rest went into the freezer. This eliminates any wastage.
* Dried all the washing on clothes horses over a ducted heating vent in the main bathroom. The only items that went into the dryer was Darren's work uniform ( needed the next morning ).
* Turned off everything we could overnight to help lower our electricity bill. We are trying to be more aware of when we use electricity and make the most of our solar panels. If we notice a drop in our bill I'll let you know.
* I made a thankyou card for the lovely medical professionals who looked after my Dad during his eye treatments over the last few years.
|Making Miracle Spray|