Here's what else I got up to this week while having cleaning jobs from Monday to Friday -
* Gratefully received a couple of cauliflower plants from my Mother Inlaw..
* Made up a bottle of double strength Miracle Spray for around the home ( diluted as I refill the spray bottles ) and two bottles of usual strength Miracle Spray for cleaning jobs.
* We had Mother's Day dinner at home instead of going out to a noisy restaurant. For the price of one restaurant meal we fed five adults salmon or steak on a bed of mash and streamed beans, roasted honey carrots with a citrus butter. Courtesy of Darren and Jessica.
* Saved the washing machine rinse water and shower warm up water to use in the washing machine.
* Dried most of the washing on clothes horses placed over the ducted heating vents in the floor.
* Gratefully received lots of glass jars from my Mum and Dad.
* Stocked up on Cadbury blocks of chocolate on sale for $2.40 a block in Coles. Some have been put aside to go with birthday presents.
* Cut up an old dressing gown that Jessica was throwing out. It had a few holes in it but will be great to line Princess' bed.
* Picked about 60 - 70 feijoas from the ground under the tree. They are not as big as they should be but the taste is still the same.
* Stocked up on deodorants on sale ar half price. We've been Avon deodorant users for over 20 years. Due to Avon now not being available in Australia, we've had to find out what's available to buy in the supermarkets. There's so much choice that we didn't know which ones to buy. I guess time will tell us if the ones we bought are doing the job.
* Found a bottles of body spray in the bathroom cupboard so I repurposed it into a toilet spray.
* Bought a new jacket from Savers op shop and received a 20% discount by using my donation card.
* Made a few men's greeting cards last Saturday at our monthly Cheapskates Club card making group. I'm on a mission this year to learn new styles of men's cards and to use supplies I already have without buying new things.
|Part of our chocolate stockpile.|
|Men's greeting cards|