Here are the frugal tasks I completed this week -
* Refilled the dishwashing liquid pump and diluted it by 1/3. I added a little water to the almost empty bottle and turned it upside down to get every last drop out.
* Refilled the shampoo and conditioner bottles and diluted the conditioner by 1/3.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Purchased silverbeet, lettuce and broccoli seedlings to plant in our veggie garden. Darren will be emptying the compost bins into the garden, then I can plant the seedlings.
* Charged all our electronic devices including shavers, fitbits, mobiles, ipads and laptops over the weekend when electricity is a little cheaper.
* Kept the curtains open on sunny days to capture the warmth. This helped to keep our heater usage down.
* Fed our compost bins every couple of days with kitchen scraps.
* Mixed rolled oats in with the chicken feed when we were getting a little low on chicken pellets. We also fed them bread crusts and Darren tipped all the lawn clippings into their run. Over the next few days the chickens had fun digging around for bugs.
* Cooked all meals from scratch.
* Froze lots of single serves of leftovers from our main meals.
* Saved water from the washing machine and shower like we usually do.
* Dried lots of washing on clothes horses and only used the dryer when really necessary.
* Picked a couple of handfuls of feijoas from under the tree.
|The inside of feijoas that are scooped out to eat.|
|Home baked bread|