Wednesday 8 March 2023

Our Garden Failure Became A Blessing

 Around Spring last year I was running low on potatoes in our pantry.  I didn't think we had any more of our homegrown ones left in storage under the house.  Darren didn't think so either but thought he'd check to be sure before I went out to buy some. 

Guess what he found ?  A tray of our potatoes,  sprouting wildly as they searched for some sun and warmth to grow.

I could have kicked myself for forgetting our much loved homegrown potatoes.  It seemed like such a waste.  We try our very best to make the most of what we have but last year was a difficult year.  With my Dad passing away at the end of April,  my life was turned upside down.  Getting through each day,  and helping my Mum and family became the main focus.  Potatoes was the last thing on my mind.

So I did what any frugal person would do.  After pulling off the long sprouts,  I left them regrow just a little before planting in our veg garden

Approximately 3 - 3 1/2 months later I dug up 13.2 kilos of potatoes.

Our failure became a blessing 




6 comments:

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.