Saturday 18 April 2020

Abundant Cottage Adventures Friday 17th And Saturday 18th April 2020

Today I'm including our activities over the last two days because I'd like to do something a little different for Sundays.  I hope you'll read tomorrow's article as I'm sure it willlift your spirits.  Here's what we've been doing-

*  I did a phone interview with a lady who works for the Bendigo Council in regional Victoria. .  She's writing an article on stretching your dollar through these challenging times.  I was able to share how we fill our days, how we were prepared when the supermarket shelves were stripped bare and what we've been up to in the garden.  As soon as I get a link to the article I'll share it with you all.

*  I chatted with our eldest daughter Jessica on the phone.  We haven't seen her in over 3 weeks and she's really missing us. She's keeping busy with her Uni studies and thankfully still has enough work at the donut cafe.

*  Dusted all surfaces.

*  Darren vacuumed and mopped the floors

*  I did two loads of washing and dried as much as I could on clothes horses over the ducted heating vents.

*  I cleaned our shower,  sink and mirror.

Spag bol with garlic bread was on the menu for dinner on Friday.

*  Homemade Family Meat Pie was on the menu for Saturday's dinner.

Homemade Family Meat Pie

Have you been enjoying more homemade food lately ?

What have you been up to around the home ? 


3 comments:

  1. I look forward to tomorrow.

    The last few days have putzed along. We went fabric buying today which was fun. I hope to make some caps and masks. Mum bought some underwear while we were out. When we come home it was discovered that the pants in the packet were a different size to the label on the outside. So back we went. My son has been working across the border in NSW. I was relieved to see him safely home in QLD this afternoon.

    God bless your sleeping and your tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meals look delicious. I look forward to the article. I always cook from scratch but have been baking more especially savoury items. I cleaned the patio windows with vinegar and newspaper after an unsuccessful attempt with bought cleaner. I was very pleased with the second attempt. Have sowed herbs and will be sowing salad leaf soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying your blog after recently finding it!

    We cook from scratch for I'd say 95% of our food but lately we have been making breads that we would buy infrequently like buns and Italian or French style bread. It has been fun and the family has liked the taste.

    I have spent time gardening as it's our spring here and will be doing more this week. Also more deep cleaning with nice weather coming! I'm having spring cleaning fever I think!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.